Confined Space - 6160-09 Medium Risk Entrant and Entry Controller
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6160) qualifications which are endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for a medium risk related confined space environment.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 2 Award in Entrant and Entry Controller for Confined Spaces (Medium Risk) (6160-09)
This unit is for the entry controller/top person who controls entry and arrangements for medium risk confined spaces and works within them. It includes the duties of an entry controller, pre-entry procedures, preparing to work safely, using equipment and tools safely, entry into and exit from the medium risk confined space, maintaining communications, and initiating and following emergency arrangements.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit a medium risk confined space safely
- Work safely and monitor the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Deal with emergency situations
- Understand the principles of working in medium risk confined spaces
- Understand standard protocols for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Understand entry controller duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and inspection required
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Practical observation
- Written exam
This course does not cover the use of full Breathing Apparatus.
- Candidates must be medically fit to undertake the training and will be asked to self-certify during the induction
- Candidates must not exceed 140kg (22 stones) in weight as this is the current maximum user weight for the fall protection equipment that will be used during the training
Course Price: £305.00 +VAT Per Person
Photo ID Card: £15.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 2 days