Confined Space - 6160-01 Low Risk
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6160) qualifications which are endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for a low risk related confined space environment.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 2 Award in Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (6160-01)
This unit covers entry into low risk confined spaces. Learners will be shown how to safely access low risk confined spaces and how to monitor the atmosphere to ensure the space is safe to work in. The unit also covers how to identify low risk confined spaces with associated lone working and the application of appropriate procedures.
- Prepare to work safely in low risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit low risk confined spaces safely
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Follow working procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Understand the principles of working in low risk confined spaces
- Understand standard protocols for working in low risk confined spaces
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of an entry into a realistic NC1 category low risk confined space
- Written exam
This course does not cover the use of Emergency Escape Breathing Apparatus or Breathing Apparatus.
- Candidates must be medically fit to undertake the training and will be asked to self-certify during the induction
- Candidates must not exceed 140kg (22 stones) in weight as this is the current maximum user weight for the fall protection equipment that will be used during the training
Course Price: £209.00 +VAT Per Person
Photo ID Card: £15.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 1 day