Confined Space - 6160-07 Directing Emergency Rescue
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6160) qualifications which are endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for directing emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 3 Award in Direct Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties (6160-07)
This unit is for anyone who directs the activities of a team for rescue or recovery in confined spaces. This may include rescue team leader, coordinator, entry controller/top person or supervisor in relation to rescue and recovery of casualties, planning and preparing for emergency operations, mobilising rescue teams, directing and monitoring rescue activities, reporting and securing sites after incidents or emergencies.
Following successful completion of the course the learners will be certified to be responsible for supervising rescue teams working in confined spaces.
- Plan and prepare emergency operations for rescue team
- Mobilise a rescue team and direct entry and exit to the confined space
- Monitor a rescue team to ensure procedures are followed
- Understand the principles of working as rescue team leader
- Understand rescue team leader duties and responsibilities
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Practical observation
- Written exam
- Candidates must be medically fit to undertake the training and will be asked to self-certify during the induction
- Candidates must not exceed 140kg (22 stone) in weight as this is the current maximum user weight for the fall protection equipment that will be used during the training
- Candidate must hold a current 6160-08 qualification
Course Price: £209.00 +VAT Per Person
Photo ID Card: £15.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 1 day