Confined Space - 6160-05 Supervising Teams
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6160) qualifications which are endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for supervising entry and arrangements at a confined space.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 3 Award in Supervising Teams Undertaking Work in Confined Spaces (6160-05)
This unit is for supervisors of confined spaces it includes planning and allocating activities for a team, pre-entry procedures, entry into and exit from the confined space, selection of personnel, maintaining communications, and initiating and controlling emergency procedures.
Following successful completion of the course the learners will be certified to be responsible for supervising teams working in confined spaces.
- Implement procedures for teams working in confined spaces
- Supervise the control of safe entry and exit to the confined space
- Supervise the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Control emergency situations
- Understand health and safety and environmental legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces
- Understand supervisory duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and testing required
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Practical observation
- Written exam
- Candidates must be medically fit to undertake the training and will be asked to self-certify during the induction
- Candidates must not exceed 140kg (22 stones) in weight as this is the current maximum user weight for the fall protection equipment that will be used during the training
- Candidate must hold a current 6160-02 or 6160-03 qualification
Course Price: £355.00 +VAT Per Person
Photo ID Card: £15.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 2 days