Confined Space - 6160-08 Rescue Team Member
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6160) qualifications which are endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for working as a rescue and recovery team member in confined spaces.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 3 Award in Working as a Member of a Rescue and Recovery Team in Confined Spaces (6160-08)
This unit is for anyone who works as part of a rescue and recovery team in confined spaces. It includes preparing to carry out emergency activities, entering and exiting confined spaces safely, using emergency equipment, casualty recovery and handling devices in accordance with manufacturers' specifications, rescuing and recovering casualties, following procedures and working safely.
Following successful completion of the course the learners will be certified to work in a rescue team in confined spaces.
- Oversee safety checks of the entry and rescue teams prior to commencing work activities
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely as part of a rescue and recovery team
- Use equipment and tools safely
- Follow procedures and work safely as a member of a rescue and recovery team
- Understand the principles of working as part of a rescue and recovery team
- Understand standard protocols for working in rescue and recovery teams
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Practical observation
- Written exam
- Candidates must be medically fit to undertake the training and will be asked to self-certify during the induction
- Candidates must not exceed 140kg (22 stone) in weight as this is the current maximum user weight for the fall protection equipment that will be used during the training
- Candidate must hold a current 6160-03 qualification
Course Price: £435.00 +VAT Per Person
Photo ID Card: £15.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 3 days