Confined Space - 6150-05 Emergency Rescue (Water)
The City & Guilds Training Scheme 6150 is the Water Industry Standard. All Water Companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue & Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces: Water (6150-05)
This qualification is for those persons who are part of a dedicated rescue team. The event will cover all aspects of planning, strategy, communications and emergency evacuation of a casualty. The event will be practical and theoretical with a staged emergency recovery leading to an assessment of abilities, with a structured report in line with the water industry and emergency services.
This qualification is normally undertaken by a full team and these courses are run on a need basis.
- Prepare to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use rescue equipment safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for carrying out emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for carrying out emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for carrying out emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of a rescue in a confined space
- Written exam
All learners must be clean shaven to participate in this course and must hold a current 6150-03 High Risk Certificate.
Course Price: £695.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 4 days