Confined Space - 6150-03 High Risk (Water)
The City & Guilds Training Scheme 6150 is the Water Industry Standard. All Water Companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 2 Award in Working in High Risk Confined Spaces: Water (6150-03)
This unit covers entry into NC1, NC2, NC3 and NC4 category confined spaces. Learners will be shown how to safely enter into these category confined spaces including the different requirements of access equipment for NC2 and NC3 confined spaces. Monitoring the atmosphere and having a structured plan of action in place to deal with any anomaly, along with reporting procedures. The use of self-contained breathing apparatus for both self-rescue and under abnormal conditions.
- Prepare to work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of an entry into a realistic NC4 category high risk confined space
- Written exam
All learners must be clean shaven to participate in this course.
Course Price: £425.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 3 days
Should you require equipment for a high risk entry please call us on 01404 43000 / 01404 44007 and we will be happy to help.