Confined Space - 6150-02 Medium Risk (Water)
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6150) qualifications which are the Water Industry Standard and supported by the Health and Safety Executive. All Water Companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces: Water (6150-02)
This unit covers entry into NC1, NC2 and NC3 category confined spaces. Learners will be shown how to safely enter into these category confined spaces including the different requirements of access equipment for NC2 and NC3 confined spaces. Monitoring the atmosphere and having a structured plan of action in place to deal with any anomaly, along with reporting procedures. The use of self contained escape breathing apparatus as part of the planned means of self rescue.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use escape breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in medium risk confined spaces
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of an entry into a realistic NC3 category medium risk confined space
- Written exam
This course does not cover the use of full Breathing Apparatus.
Course Price: £295.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 2 days