Confined Space - 6150-14 Top Man for High Risk (Water)
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6150) qualifications which are the Water Industry Standard and supported by the Health and Safety Executive. All Water Companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 3 Award in Top Man / Person for High Risk Confined Spaces: Water (6150-14)
This unit covers overseeing entry into NC1, NC2, NC3 and NC4 category confined spaces. Learners will be shown how to safely control entry into these category confined spaces. Monitoring the atmosphere and having a structured plan of action in place to deal with any anomaly, along with reporting procedures. The procedures for using and selecting appropriate self contained breathing apparatus. This role also extends to interpretation, planning, supervision, coordination and accountability for the team and the work being undertaken in the confined space during both planned work and emergency situations. This includes specifying the emergency rescue team.
In this regard, the role is autonomous and pitched at a higher level than is generally seen of a traditional ‘top-man’ as they will be responsible for committing a work team in potentially non-routine environments, which is a significant departure in terms of responsibility, skills and competence of the traditional ‘top-man’.
Following successful completion of the course the learners will be certified to oversee entry into a high risk confined space but not to enter themselves.
- Prepare to act as a safety attendant for teams working in confined spaces
- Oversee safe entry and exit to confined spaces
- Monitor work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of the learner overseeing work in a high risk confined space
- Written exam
Course Price: £425.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 3 days