Confined Space - 6150-06 Top Man for Medium Risk (Water)
The City & Guilds Training Scheme 6150 is the Water Industry Standard. All Water Companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces: Water (6150-06) (Top Man) (Non-entrant)
This unit covers overseeing entry into NC1, NC2 and NC3 category confined spaces. Learners will be shown how to safely control entry into these category confined spaces including the different requirements of access equipment for NC2 and NC3 confined spaces. Monitoring the atmosphere and having a structured plan of action in place to deal with any anomaly, along with reporting procedures. The procedures for using and selecting appropriate self contained escape breathing apparatus for planned means of self rescue.
Following successful completion of the course the learners will be certified to oversee entry into a medium risk confined space but not to enter themselves.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Oversee entry and exit at confined space in capacity of non-entrant
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces (non-entrant)
- Apply relevant water industry specific knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of the learner overseeing work in a medium risk confined space
- Written exam
This course is provided in conjunction with South West Water.
Course Price: £370.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 2 days